What a privilege it is to be a Mom. When I was little, I always knew I wanted to be a Mom one day. Time has flown too fast and my babies are all grown up, but in my heart thay will always stay "my Babies."
Well, I was spoilt royally on Mother's Day with the most beautiful card with extra special touches added by my creative eldest baby, but the card is from both. My significant other half took us to Livingston's for a scrumptious lunch, (suggested by eldest baby, good choice!) The management and staff went out of their way to make it a special experience. Free bubbly (Mom's only,) live music by the very talented "Afro-chic" and to crown it all a pretty, yummy cupcake at the end. As usual my itchy trigger finger could not resist taking some photos to share with all who's interested. Pity I couldn't capture the laughter and the jokes at the table on camera too!
My Mother's day card arrived in a little paper bag lovingly decorated by my eldest baby,
with twine, washi-tape and beautiful vintage button attached.
The envelope with the "magic word" written on washi-tape.
Washi-tape is coloured masking tape imported from Japan and I really love it. It's got a 101 uses
for sure. Some of it comes with flowers, stripes or dots. Pure joy!
The very cute Fifi Lapin greeted me on the back of the envelope.
The outside of the card.
The inside, with colourful birdies, more washi-tape and the very important message.
A cheerful reminder of life's little (important) blessings.
My pretty, yummy cupcake courtesy of Livingston's.
Such a pretty post!
ReplyDeleteHappy you liked the card. x