Time marches on faster than we can keep up...scary thought! It is almost time for yet another birthday and I've hardly had the chance to get used to the idea that I was no longer in my forties! Eeeek! Is that really true? Fact is, I really feel only thirty. I would easily have stayed in my thirties for thirty years, but alas, that is not going to happen. Forties were also a good place to be, sadly they flew by too quickly. I will easily do it all over again because really, believe it or not, my forties were really great but before I could say "Cheers" fifty was knocking at my door.
The half century mark was reached way too quickly to my liking. I can not actually believe that I'm blogging about my age of all things! By the way, all the people who think I am old, I have newz for you. Think what you want to. Yes, I no longer resemble a lithe young little twig but hey!..that's not going to stop me from being happy or enjoying life. True, my body is playing some nasty tricks on me that I don't like, but other than that I feel really great, happy and inspired. Maybe not every day, but most of the time!
Life is so short, it's up to us to make the most of what we have. If we want something we don't have, well, if it's obtainable only you can change it. Make a difference in someone else's life too. Give a little love, a compliment, do a favour, make someone happy. You will discover that you are actually really happy too. After all, sometimes it's the small things in life that really makes a difference!
I celebrated my birthday last year at Antique Cafe/Naughty Nineties in Churchill Road Morningside, Durban, one of my alltime favourites. Not only is this quaint place beautiful inside and inviting on the outside, they serve up some scrumptious fare, every time a real treat. I am looking forward to celebrating another birthday soon, maybe we should go to back to this lovely setting again this year!
The lovely colourful banner at the top is from Free Pretty Things For You and the caption is something I like to apply to my life whenever possible.
Thanks to all who made my birthday really special last year, you really made a difference in my life!
I received some lovely gifts that I would always treasure including a poem from a friend that made my eyes brim and a delightful vintage plate wrapped in a precious crocheted doilie, as well as beautifully wrapped table cloth wights inside a vintage tin - such joy!

Cute banner! x
ReplyDelete