I really, really love the sea. The beach, the sand, the soothing sound of the waves lulling me to sleep...and of course shells. When I was a little girl, you could actually still find some decent undamaged shells on the beach. The shell collection below was mostly bought, some were gifts, many were passed on from previous generations, a few might have been picked up, but they all have one thing in common. Precious memories. The plate was a gift from my eldest daughter on Mother's Day some years ago. I will always love the sea theme and it's great to give our bedroom that "beach house" feel. The pearly hues of the shells and colourful coral really compliments blue and turquoise.
Inside the little cracked glass blue bowl is another precious gift, also bought for me by my daughter while she lived in London. It's fragranced glass pebbles and shells with
Nantucket Briar fragrance oil from
Crabtree & Evelyn. It really brings the holiday feel right into my house, even while I'm working and it does wonders for the senses...
Of course our duvet in the main bedroom is mostly turquoise with blue and purple for extra joy! Kitty Sabrina loves sleeping on our bed, one of her favourite spots. My cat can't be turquoise but my duvet can be!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment!