9/9/11

The colour Turquoise

I am sooo excited and inspired! I have discovered a lovely blog to add to my existing favourites. It's called houseofturquoise.blogspot.com  - all about decor and beautiful living. It's mostly about the colour turquoise and various other hues of blues incorporated in interior decor, stunning bedrooms and kitchens and plenty beautiful decorative objects. It simply takes my breath away... I have become quite obsessed with browsing at all the amazingly stunning photos of interiors, mostly with turquoise, complimented with various other beautiful colours. My own life is woven through with lots of blue...everywhere, not the "sad kind" though. After spending some time on my new fave blog, I've started to add a collection of my own bluesy surroundings and pieces of decor. The turquoise cabinet in the background was lovingly manufactured by husband Thinus from Woodnewz.



My daughter got married in 2010. The colours that this Mama of the bride chose to wear, were of course turquoise and and hints of darker blues. I used all the paraphernalia below to enhance a new top bought from a lovely shop, instead of having something made from scratch. I just did not have the patience for endless fittings and alterations. The result was, well, different and unique. Not too formal, not too casual either and I can use it again.






1 comment:

  1. Look at that sneaky little kitty eye peeping out... :-) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!