9/5/11

My Favourite time of year - Spring!

Oh dear...what a shame! Long time no bloggin'...because I was hibernating, well, kind of...and so was my blog. We had an unusual cold and dark winter spell for the coastal region of Kwazulu Natal and me, being a summer gal did not function properly!

Sometimes we didn't see the sun for days and the rain was pouring down. The days felt incredibly short with the lights having to be switched on at 4 o'clock in the afternoon to see what I'm teaching and for students to be able to read properly! All my creative juices and ways of thinking dried up.:-( But, no more, yippieee!

Ta-daa! Spring has sprung and I'm like a beaver on Red Bull...buzzing here and there and everywhere doing ♫♫Spring cleaning.♫♫ It's the only time of year that I enjoy domestic bliss. I've thrown out plenty of clutter, something of which my house is bursting at the seams. Not finished though. My dear husband is jumping for joy and even my youngest baby cleaned out her room, which means spring fever is catchy, it needs to be celebrated!

While shopping I spotted pomegranates. I've never eaten  a pomegranate and I've always wanted to. I bought one and couldn't wait to get home and cut it open. What a joy! The juice was running all over and the pips glistened like jewels, which is what they really are!
I loved the beautiful glistening colour and rolling them under my teeth, then promptly decided to
add my gem stones to a Mojito on ice! Hmmm! A perfect way to start the summer. Colourful and refreshing!
Hello Summer! - Mojito a la Pomegranate to kickstart the creative spirit. Cheers!


1 comment:

Thank you for your comment!