7/17/13

Happiness is...discovering Paris Breakfast

Quite by chance, I discovered Carol Gillott's delightful blog Paris Breakfast  through Vintage Bohemian on facebook. She is an artist based in Paris, creating blissful water colour paintings. Reading her blog and seeing her step wise intructions on how to paint a French tomate has put a spring in my step for the rest of the day! Carol's art is right up my alley with soft, feminine water colours which creates a joyous feeling within the heart.



Buy Carol's lovely postcards on Zazzle

I have never been able to travel across the oceans to exotic destinations, but visiting Paris and travelling France is a dream that I've been nurturing in my heart for a while now. Following the Tour de France on TV offers tantalising glimpses of peaceful little country towns and impressive ruins from times immemorial, which I never would've seen if it wasn't for aerial photography. It teases the senses to watch the scenes as the helicopter flies over yet another coastal town or historical city. It almost feels as if the mountains are calling out "Come visit soon!"

Paris as a dream destination is a goal I have to fulfil before long. Maybe I should have a more aggressive aproach in making this dream come true. I love Paris in the springtime...wonder how many songs were written about Paris?


Image courtesy of File under lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!